Do I need any specialist insurance or is ordinary travel insurance sufficient?

We recommend BMA Elective Insurance because we do not consider standard Travel Insurance to be adequate.

How do get BMA travel insurance and Indemnity insurance?

You will need to have insurance that will cover any needle stick injuries, etc. We recommend taking out Elective Insurance with the BMA Elective Cover, which is very comprehensive. However, this will not cover you for indemnity matters arising from clinical practice undertaken anywhere in the world. This can be obtained free of charge from the MDU providing that you are member. You can visit their website and go to the MDU Elective Indemnity page. The Medical Protection Society also provides this, again free of charge. Join via their website using the MPS Student Application page.